In our current times of economic and political instability, investing in gold becomes an attractive option for many people. While many investors simply buy gold bars, astute collectors have made fortunes by investing in certified gold coins. If you having been wanting to add gold to your investment portfolio and want to know more about gold coins then please consider my...
7 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Gold Coins Now
1. You can start with a small investment -- If you choose to, when you invest in gold coins you can dip your feet in the water before taking a plunge by buying small quantities of gold coins. Build up your collection gradually according to your capacity and interest in this form of investment. For as little as one thousand dollars you can start investing in gold coins right now and start building your future fortune.
2. Gold coins have historically been a good investment - - How well you will do with your investment in gold coins depends on your skill in selecting the right coins and on market forces. However, a study done by Collector's Universe showed that one thousand dollars invested in U.S rare gold coins in 1970 is now worth $57,977.00. The yield from this particular investment is greater than you would have achieved by investing in gold bullion or in the U.S. stock market.
3. Supply is limited -- This is the main reason why gold coins perform so well as an investment. This limited supply is being chased by a demand for gold coins that is continually growing. Collectors look for coins that are rare in mint condition or those that have never been circulated.
4. Gold coins are easy to sell -- Liquidity is an important factor in any investment, and gold coins are easier to sell than gold bars. There are no delays in the sale process whatsoever. You receive your payment immediately.
5. You can divide your sales more easily -- If you have large gold bars, then it is all or nothing when you are thinking of making a sale. However, if you have a good number of gold coins, you can easily take any amount that you want to sell and leave the balance untouched.
6. Gold Coins are safe and easy to store -- Gold coins can be stored in a bank safe-deposit box or any other location that is secure and easy to reach.
7. Gold coins can't devalue according to the whims of some government. Inflation, the cruelest tax of all, will only serve to increase the value of gold coins over time.
Now, that you know why you should invest in gold coins, are you read to start investing? Here's how to get started...
3 Gold Coin Investing Tips You Need to Know If You Want to Retire Secure:
1. Focus on higher graded coins. Most if not all of the higher graded coins (MS-62 and higher) are selling for a fraction of what they sold for at their historic record wholesale highs. When factoring in inflation, the pricing today is easily one of the best investments a person can make.
2. Invest in common date coins. Common dated coins are the least costly of the higher grades. The moment a specific date is involved, the price of the coi n goes up dramatically thereby diminishing the potential returns. Dated coins are great for numismatists.
3. Stick to either NGC or PCGS certified coins. These two grading services are the industry standard and deviating away from them will make the liquidation process more difficult.
There are many options available in the gold coin world for an investor to consider using gold as a way to protect and preserve assets. The basic fact that gold retains its value over time has been true for thousands of years and is still true today.
So, if you have been thinking of investing in gold, why not put some of that investment in the form of gold coins?
iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software